Makestation
[Official] Makestation Community Milestones - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Makestation Community Related (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Community Related (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: [Official] Makestation Community Milestones (/showthread.php?tid=96)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Makestation Community Milestones - SpookyZalost - June 12th, 2018

(June 12th, 2018 at 7:40 AM)Harry K. Wrote:
(June 12th, 2018 at 1:48 AM)Guardian Wrote:
(June 11th, 2018 at 11:32 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Seriously though who doesn't know how to plug a power cable into the wall?

Children. That's who.

Some of the most well-paid people are the biggest idiots too.  Confused

I have to second that one Tongue

I third that one lol, some of the calls I've gotten from CEO's and stuff when I was doing freelance on site stuff... man

RE: Makestation Community Milestones - Harry K. - June 12th, 2018

(June 12th, 2018 at 11:06 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote:
(June 12th, 2018 at 7:40 AM)Harry K. Wrote:
(June 12th, 2018 at 1:48 AM)Guardian Wrote:
(June 11th, 2018 at 11:32 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Seriously though who doesn't know how to plug a power cable into the wall?

Children. That's who.

Some of the most well-paid people are the biggest idiots too.  Confused

I have to second that one Tongue

I third that one lol, some of the calls I've gotten from CEO's and stuff when I was doing freelance on site stuff... man

Ha! You're telling me! I had a customer(Director of Construction company) genuinely ask me why I can't leave the "lorem ipsum" placeholder text on his home page.. Like seriously, the guy were too lazy to write a few lines about his own company and the services he provides that he asked me if I could keep the text there and put the website live anyway, asif his potential customers wont care that under "About our company" it says: "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam sapien massa". Rolleyes Eventually I got a couple of lines off the guy and re-wrote them in proper English and added some "filler" words to make it fit...

RE: Makestation Community Milestones - Guardian - June 12th, 2018

(June 12th, 2018 at 4:57 PM)Harry K. Wrote: ...ask me why I can't leave the "lorem ipsum" placeholder text on his home page

My jaw literally dropped open... Huh

RE: Makestation Community Milestones - Harry K. - June 13th, 2018

(June 12th, 2018 at 11:11 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(June 12th, 2018 at 4:57 PM)Harry K. Wrote: ...ask me why I can't leave the "lorem ipsum" placeholder text on his home page

My jaw literally dropped open...  Huh

I know right? Like seriously, them lorem ipsums are great selling points ukno. Shy

RE: Makestation Community Milestones - Guardian - June 13th, 2018

(June 13th, 2018 at 7:58 AM)Harry K. Wrote: I know right? Like seriously, them lorem ipsums are great selling points ukno.  Shy

I mean... It just SOUNDS smart right!? It's a no-brainer!

RE: Makestation Community Milestones - Darth-Apple - June 14th, 2018

I literally saw a hosting company that forgot to take those down one time. I forget the link and to be honest I can't imagine it was even remotely popular. But this was a real a** hosting service. Not sure I trust it... Finna

RE: Makestation Community Milestones - Harry K. - June 14th, 2018

(June 14th, 2018 at 2:12 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I literally saw a hosting company that forgot to take those down one time. I forget the link and to be honest I can't imagine it was even remotely popular. But this was a real a** hosting service. Not sure I trust it... Finna

https://community.mybb.com/thread-216913-post-1301615.html#pid1301615
Rolleyes Shy

RE: Makestation Community Milestones - Guardian - June 14th, 2018

(June 14th, 2018 at 9:57 AM)Harry K. Wrote:
(June 14th, 2018 at 2:12 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I literally saw a hosting company that forgot to take those down one time. I forget the link and to be honest I can't imagine it was even remotely popular. But this was a real a** hosting service. Not sure I trust it... Finna

https://community.mybb.com/thread-216913-post-1301615.html#pid1301615
Rolleyes  Shy

Well he got hostile...  Tongue Tongue

RE: Makestation Community Milestones - Harry K. - June 14th, 2018

He did ha. I could have sworn that there were a lipsum section on his home page that he removed before replying in that tone - which makes it worse. But I'm not sad enough to have screen shotted and saved for that purpose. Tongue

In all honesty, I have absolutely nothing against pre-made themes being used by companies(companies? I say that in vein) like that, but put a little effort into it at least. That's just pure lazy, and removing the contact page wtf?

I build a lot of my sites with lipsum and placeholder content, If I were advertising a site and I had forgotten to replace a section I'd be glad if someone pointed it out! Tongue

RE: Makestation Community Milestones - Guardian - June 15th, 2018

Makes you wonder... why put for any effort if you're not going to do it right. Imagine how their service must be. Undecided

RE: Makestation Community Milestones - Guardian - July 13th, 2018

(May 13th, 2018 at 1:58 AM)Guardian Wrote: Easy: 13k
Medium: 14k
Hard: 15k

Easy, was indeed easy.

We're now nearing the Medium goal! 

The Hard goal may not be really hard after all!  Cool

RE: Makestation Community Milestones - Darth-Apple - July 20th, 2018

We have officially surpassed 14K posts! 15K is very near and we should very easily be able to get through during the middle of next month!

RE: Makestation Community Milestones - Guardian - July 20th, 2018

Great work everyone! Cool

14k, very nice!

Not as nice as 15k! We got this!

RE: Makestation Community Milestones - brian51 - July 21st, 2018

ya 15 k is going to be a major mile stone for us !

RE: Makestation Community Milestones - Guardian - November 27th, 2018

1 month to get 350 posts to hit 15k. It's still possible.

Think we can do it guys? Cool

RE: Makestation Community Milestones - SpookyZalost - November 28th, 2018

geebus, that's awesome guys!

RE: Makestation Community Milestones - Guardian - December 26th, 2018

We may end up just under 200 shy of the main goal, but it was a great year for Makestation!

RE: Makestation Community Milestones - Darth-Apple - December 27th, 2018

(December 26th, 2018 at 10:39 PM)Guardian Wrote: We may end up just under 200 shy of the main goal, but it was a great year for Makestation!

We still have a few days! Even if we don't make it, it's a great goal to kick off the new year with! Big Grin